At this year’s ASUG – SAPPHIRE NOW Annual Conference, there will be over 200 different sessions related to cloud computing. Experts will be sharing tactics, customer experience, and new business opportunities in the areas of:
- Virtualizing SAP systems
- Migrating to private and public clouds,
- New software as a service solutions for Line of Business employees
- Custom development on platforms as a service
If you are looking to understand how cloud computing can strategically fit into your SAP Program, then there’s one additional agenda item you should consider adding: the ASUG InDepth pre-conference seminar, “How to Build a Cloud Strategy for your SAP Center of Excellence.”
Here’s what you need to know:
1) Who is this preconference seminar for?
This seminar is designed for SAP program leads, enterprise architects, and consultants who serve them.
2) What can I learn?
You will learn the elements you need to be able to craft a comprehensive cloud computing strategy for your SAP program. This includes:
- Trends related to IT that are radically changing business needs and expectations
- Changing roles that cloud computing is bringing to business, IT and specifically the SAP practice
- Understanding business opportunities for cloud computing
- Prioritizing business goals and mapping these to potential cloud computing solutions
- A broad survey of the cloud computing solutions in the market such as:
1) Migrating on premise to private and public clouds
2) Software as a Service
3) Platform as a Service
- How to build the business case for your cloud computing strategy
3) Who is speaking?
Michael Krigsman, IT industry analyst and CEO at Asuret, Inc.
Steve Romero, IT industry analyst and Principal of IT Governance Practice at BOT International
With a special keynote discussion “The new business requirements of the social, mobile, consumer enterprise” with Sameer Patel, Global VP for Enterprise Social and Collaborative Software at SAP
Jeff Anders, Director of Product Management at SAP for SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Manager
Greg Chase, SAP Mentor & Sr. Director Marketing at SAP for Cloud Solutions
Sven Denecken, VP of Cloud Solutions at SAP
Grahame Jones, Solution Advisor at SAP for Cloud Solutions
Greg Root, Solution Advisor at SAP for Cloud Solutions
Benjamin Wesson, VP Product Management at SAP for Platform as a Service
4) When is the seminar?
The seminar runs 8AM to 5PM as part of the ASUG InDepth Pre-conference day on Sunday, May 13. You may need to plan to arrive Saturday to fit this event into your travel schedule.
5) How do I sign up?
Registration for the preconference session is part of the registration process for ASUG and SAPPHIRENOW conferences. You have the option of adding on the preconference to your conference registration, or to even just attend the preconference day itself.
The cost to attend the preconference day is $495 for ASUG members and $595 for non-members.
Space is limited and we expect this session will sell out. Sign up now to ensure your place