Join us for an SAP Runs SAP TweetChat with Geoffrey Moore, best-selling author, speaker, and business advisor, and Mike Golz, SAP CIO Americas.
In this interactive discussion, you can be a part of the conversation on enterprise mobility, analytics, in-memory, and the cloud, right from your mobile device!
- Discuss the strategic challenges you face as business leaders today
- Hear about Geoffrey’s newest book, Escape Velocity
- Addresses the central dilemma established firms face: how to continue to harvest past success while driving the organization, its people and its processes, toward future growth and opportunities.
- Learn how the SAP Runs SAP innovation program is an enabler for the business and makes SAP its own best-reference customer
When: Tuesday, October 29, 8am PT / 11am ET / 4pm CET
Where: TweetChat.com or via Twitter following #SAPChat
How to Participate
Chat and Ask Questions
- The tweetchat is at #SAPchat. Join the conversation and tweet your comments/questions about #SAPRunsSAP while following the live stream of tweets – using the #SAPChat hashtag.
- What’s a tweetchat? It’s a real-time “meeting” on Twitter, 140 characters at a time. Simply log in to Twitter (you can create an account at www.twitter.com) and include the hashtag #SAPchat along with your comments and questions. You’ll be in the conversation! Watch the stream of tweets with any Twitter app, such as Tweetdeck, Hootsuite or Tweetchat.com
About our SAP Runs SAP Chat Speakers
Geoffrey Moore is an author, speaker and business advisor to many of the leading companies in the high-tech sector, including Cisco, Cognizant, Compuware, HP, Microsoft, SAP, and Yahoo!.
Geoffrey divides his time between consulting on strategy and transformation challenges with senior executives and speaking internationally on those same topics. His latest book Escape Velocity: Free Your Company’s Future from the Pull of the Past, keeps this intent in mind and is the result of his years of experience working with large enterprises.
Escape Velocity is Moore’s sixth book for business leaders in the high-tech sector. His first book, Crossing the Chasm, which addresses the challenges of gaining initial adoption for disruptive innovations, continues to be a best seller and required reading in business schools and entrepreneurship curricula. Moore wrote four subsequent books which addressed the challenges faced by management when competing in hyper-growth markets (Inside the Tornado) and those faced by investors when managing a high-tech stock portfolio (The Gorilla Game). The two additional books both address the organizational challenges faced by established enterprises, in one case posed by the volatility of the technology sector overall (Living on the Fault Line), in the other by the need to reignite innovation in mature franchises (Dealing with Darwin). Escape Velocity rounds out these efforts in service to established enterprises by laying out a comprehensive program for engaging with next-generation trends while maintaining their core franchises.
Mike Golz, Senior Vice President & CIO Americas at SAP, oversees all IT infrastructure and applications in North America and Latin America, aligning information and technology strategy with SAP’s business strategy, directing the investment in IT to support the organization’s goals and providing best-in-class processes and reliable, optimized operations for all SAP lines of business in the Americas.
Mike also leads the unique Global “SAP Runs SAP” program which highlights IT and Product Development in areas of Enterprise Mobility, In-Memory Technology, Green IT and Cloud. As a result, SAP Global IT has become the company’s best customer reference, and Mike frequently speaks to customers about IT’s first-hand experiences with SAP software.
Previously, Mike was Senior Vice President, Global IT Application Services with worldwide responsibility for SAP’s internal business applications and external platforms, covering the entire spectrum of SAP solutions for SAP’s employees. Prior to that, Mike led SAP’s Product System Services unit providing the system infrastructure for SAP’s worldwide Education, Sales and Consulting lines of business.