by Christian Rodatus, SVP and General Manager, Analytics, SAP (@crodatus)
Performance management systems have transformed the way finance teams plan and budget, measure and monitor their organization’s performance, close the books and disclose results. Finance teams can now spend less time on budgeting cycles and closing the books and focus on driving their organization’s profitable growth.
Today’s performance management systems allow finance organizations to:
● Make better decisions based on what-if analysis and scenario planning
● Deploy in the cloud for faster time to value
● Minimize risk by meeting statutory and management reporting requirements
Combine these capabilities with the mobile access and you can provide financial planners and front-line managers with the ability to input, write-back and forecast data from any location. This allows companies to rapidly turn data into fact-based decision making and take action.
I am excited to announce that SAP’s leading performance management solution, SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.1, version for SAP NetWeaver, powered by SAP HANA exited ramp-up this week and went into general availability. This new release supports planning, budgeting and forecasting with management and legal consolidation functionality in a single application. It is also fully integrated with the core SAP environment and powered by SAP HANA.
SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.1, version for SAP NetWeaver, powered by SAP HANA includes several key innovations and enhancements:
- Optimized planning functions leveraging SAP HANA for better, more timely decisions
- Ability to leverage existing integrated planning models in SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (SAP NetWeaver BW) and benefit from SAP HANA acceleration and new capabilities
- A new HTML5 UI for easier navigation and cross-platform readiness
- New modeling capabilities with tighter integration into SAP NetWeaver BW and SAP’s ERP and predictive analytics tools
- Ability to deploy in the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud with subscription pricing to get up and running faster with lower upfront costs
View the latest video on SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, version for SAP NetWeaver, powered by SAP HANA and learn how this exciting release can help your organization transform the way you do business! Visit http://www.sap.com/epm for more information.