by Shekhar Iyer, Global VP of Business Intelligence and Predictive Analytics, SAP (@bishekhar)
There’s been a lot of buzz and hype surrounding Big Data and advanced analytics. As the business world begins to grasp potential impact of data-driven strategies, it’s becoming obvious that this approach will help companies truly differentiate.
Some companies remain skeptical, while others are unsure how to proceed, despite being convinced of the potential value of advanced analytics. Perhaps they can’t access data sources that are already within reach, or believe that advanced analytics solutions are overly complicated. Or maybe they haven’t yet benefited from analytics-derived insights, so they don’t really know what they’re missing.
The next SAP Analytics community call on May 13th and May 14th will focus on Big Data and advanced analytics. The timing couldn’t be better as business models start to make the inevitable shift to models that leverage the ability to exploit data.
Big Data and Advanced Analytics on the SAP Analytics Community Call
This time our interactive call will take a close look at how Big Data and advanced analytics can be leveraged to help organizations dealing with massive volumes of disparate data – to start turning this data into useful insights. The session will outline how advanced analytics can help companies uncover trends and patterns from Big Data and other data sources in order to drive proactive, evidence-based decision making.
Our interactive call will include:
- An outline of SAP’s advanced analytics vision and strategy, so you can see where SAP is going.
- The chance to view real-world advanced analytics solutions through an end-to-end demo presented by Julien Sauvage, director product marketing, and Charles Gadalla, senior director, advanced analytics (predictive analysis) at SAP.
- The opportunity to take part in an interactive question and answer session with a panel of SAP experts moderated by SAP mentors:
- Eric Vallo, EV Technologies, Inc., @ericvallo (Moderator for Tuesday, May 13th), who has been working in business intelligence for almost 15 years
- Cory Adams, Foodstuffs North Island, @Oz_Bob (Moderator for Wednesday, May 14), who, for the past 14 years, has been focused on developing and implementing the BI strategies of some of New Zealand’s best known brands, leveraging the full functionality of the SAP BusinessObjects stack
- The sessions will provide some real-world how-to’s, including:
- How to turn Big Data into Big Business opportunities with advanced analytics
- How to take advantage of existing skills to implement advanced analytics
- How to influence a range of desired expected customer behaviors
You won’t want to miss this key interactive event. Connect with us during the community call and submit your questions via Twitter with #askSAP.
Big Data + Advanced Analytics + Big Business: Uncovering Trends and Patterns, Influencing Customer Behavior, and Capturing More Opportunities
Same session, different time zones:
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
8:00 a.m. PT/ 11:00 a.m. ET/ 4:00 p.m. CET
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
4:00 p.m. PT/ 7:00 p.m. ET
About the writer:
Shekhar Iyer has recently joined SAP as Global Vice President of Business Intelligence and Predictive Analytics. He is responsible for the Solutions Management, Go-To Market & Sales/COE Specialist functions for these solution areas and part of the leadership team for the Global Platform and Solutions organization. He is based out of Stockholm, Sweden.