That’s how I feel after finishing day three of SAPPHIRENOW Madrid. From James Fisher’s presentation on key trends in analytics to Dr. Vishal Sikka’s keynote at day’s end, day three of SAPPHIRENOW Madrid was jammed packed with analytics insights.
In fact, it was my busiest day of coverage — maybe that’s why @businessobjects was consistently on SAPPHIRENOW’s leader board in the afternoon, even holding the # 1 and # 2 spots, and “RT @businessobjects” was a trending topic. A SPECIAL THANKS to everyone who retweeted us today, making both possible!!!
Make sure to go to SAPPHIRENOW Online to watch the replays of today’s sessions as well as those from Tuesday and Wednesday. Simply select Playlists on the left, then click Analytics and Submit to see all available analytics sessions, including many customer presentations.
While I was tweeting away, Marie was busy taping our SAP colleagues, who dive into the various analytics topics that were top of mind in Madrid:
- Stefan Kopf, VP of sales for finance solutions, EMEA, talks about finance solutions
- SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio demo by Ian Mayer, solution manager for business intelligence
- Data Geek Demo of SAP Visual Intelligence by Ilan Frank, senior director solution management for on-demand BI
- Leticia Cavagna, director, EMEA Center of Excellence for Analytics, shares finance insights
- Russ Hill, senior director, industry marketing, speaking on the highlights of the Retail Microforum
- Paul Khanna, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP, on HR transformation
- Nick Wall, solution principal for BI, covers what’s happening in BI mobile apps
- Day two EPM recap by Karuna Mukherjea, solution marketing director, Analytics
Let us know how you like the sessions and the above videos. Marie and I are particularly interested in the latter, as it was quite the feat to get them uploaded. The Internet connection was spotty at best. Thankfully, I purchased an international data plan for my iPad so I could tweet away without worries.
Adios from Madrid!