by Peter Rojas, Solution Management, SAP
According to Aberdeen’s report Leveraging the 360-Degree Customer View to Maximize Up-sell and Cross-sell Potential by Peter Ostrow, 52 percent of best-in-class sales organizations actively analyze or segment their customer base in order to identify cross-sell opportunities. But how can companies achieve this with extreme data volumes that have hundreds of thousands of customer interactions every week from multiple systems, resulting in millions of orders and billions of line items? And how can they deliver these recommendations to the field for sales execution?
Large business-to-business companies wrestle with many sales intelligence challenges related to data, including difficulty:
- Integrating internal and external customer data, which data is often stale and not real time
- Monitoring customer relationships and visualizing how the relationships evolved over time
- Classifying customers by cost to serve, profitability, and revenue in order to target relevant offers and profitable customer care strategies
- Allocating expensive sales and service resources to the right customers to meet revenue and margin objectives
- Harnessing customer intelligence in context of a selling situation
So, how can advances in big data computing enable real-time customer relationship monitoring and differentiated customer care treatments that increase revenue and profitability? By integrating ERP, CRM, social data in real time, so sales, marketing, and service personnel can understand customer lifetime value and identify hidden opportunities to increase wallet share.
Multiple vendors offer sales analytic applications, but few business-to-business solutions focus on identifying cross-sell and upsell opportunities in real time and leveraging the rich data in ERP and CRM applications. SAP does.
SAP Solutions for Customer Analytics
SAP solutions for customer analytics integrate and mine SAP ERP, any CRM system, and external data to measure customer value, identify outliers, and provide direct recommendations to the business users. The solutions enable automatic classification of customers into treatment clusters, and deliver cross-sell recommendations and relevant talking points to sales reps empowering them with contextual customer conversations. The secret sauce is prescriptive algorithms, presented in an intuitive way that sales reps easily understand. No black box will result in changing sales reps behavior – they need to understand and trust the calculation.
The SAP solutions for customer analytics empower sales and marketing teams to answer questions such as:
- How can I understand who my most valuable customers are?
- How can I know what products to position to my customers to meet revenue, margin, and share targets?
- What’s the value proposition of the products to my customer?
SAP will soon release three new applications, powered by SAP HANA, for big-data prescriptive customer intelligence – all built on top of a complete 360-degree customer view and focused on maximizing sales revenue and pocket margin: [DS1]
- SAP Customer Value Intelligence:- measures and predicts customer value based on revenue, margin, engagement and loyalty. The solution includes margin decomposition and customer stratification and provides cross-sell recommendations for customer segments and product lines.
- SAP Account Intelligence: intelligent mobile sales execution, with visual account prospecting, visit planning, 360-degree account views, and cross-sell recommendations.
- SAP Audience Discovery and Targeting: real-time high volume segmentation and targeting across SAP and non-SAP sources.
By using the power of SAP HANA to harness your data to provide real-time predictions and recommendations, and by taking direct action through our CRM integration, these solutions put business users (brand managers, marketing, and sales operations) in the driver’s seat – where they belong.