Karuna Mukherjea, EPM solution marketing, SAP
How often do we hear from our customers that they don’t have the optimal software and process to proactively manage their profitability and do an in-depth analysis of their P&L statement? More often that we’d think!
Organizations large and small are constantly running into roadblocks to analyzing profitability so they can define and execute profit-making strategies. Typical roadblocks include:
- Lack of operational detail in standard financial P&Ls
- Difficulty measuring performance and deciding on a go-to-market and sales strategy
- Inability to access condensed views of large amounts of information in real time
As a result, they often make decisions on gut feel vs. facts. And the consequences are harsh:
- Performance judgment across products, customers, and channels is wrong
- Cost allocations are erroneous – your profitable product could actually be hurting your bottom line
- Best practices aren’t identified or propagated to the poor-performing parts of the business
- New business development and investment opportunities are missed
But what if you could access real-time P&L analysis that delivers reporting at any level of detail by allocating costs on consumption of resources? What if this were wrapped in a solution that accessed capabilities for handling large data sets, complex calculations, and an advanced reporting structure – yet was delivered to users in an engaging manner anytime, anywhere?
Sound too good to be true? Well, reality may be nearer than you think.
Next week at the ASUG SAP BusinessObjects User Conference in Orlando, September 10-13, we’ll be announcing something that will revolutionize the way you approach profitability analysis and reporting. If you’re attending the event, please drop in on Sanjay Poonen’s keynote session on Monday. If you can’t make it in person, you can still catch all of the keynotes live on the virtual platform. Register now, so you don’t miss them.
And make sure to follow the #EPMOD hashtag and @businessobjects over the coming weeks for even more information.