by Swati Sinha, Analytics Solutions Marketing, SAP
In my blog on Socialytics: Transitioning from Listening and Monitoring to Action, I talked about how social media has moved from monitoring the brand to actionable insight.
In the past, organizations often had to wait a few months to know the success of a campaign. In the case of a campaign failure, they might spend a couple of months analyzing what went wrong, which was not easy and didn’t always provide an answer. And a long campaign cycle can result in huge losses.
Now, with social media adoption, organizations have access to a wealth of consumer insight in real-time. This insight, combined with other data, can help you:
- Monitor consumer reaction to campaigns in real time and take corrective action, if needed
- Evaluate the correlation of campaigns with other events like weather, economic conditions, etc.
- Identify the best social media channel for your organization
- Understand local demand for products and services
- Obtain intelligence about new product development, design, and introduction based on the current campaign
View the video below to see how SAP can help you bridge the gap between monitoring and actionable insight.