by Karuna Mukherjea, Analytics Solution Marketing, SAP
If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it”! This statement is even more relevant today with the associated complexities of managing a business and, more importantly, staying ahead in the game. Finance is core to a company’s decision making process and plays a key role in determining future investments and strategies.
Finance executives are constantly finding ways to:
- Gain better insight into their ever-increasing volumes of data
- Perform valuable, real-time analysis on the data
- Execute strategies that will transform the finance organization.
So, it’s no surprise that finance organizations are leading the adoption of the latest reporting and business intelligence tools.
Finance organizations are using SAP BusinessObjects business intelligence (BI) solutions and technologies to empower analysts and managers with:
- Reporting and analysis
- Faster and flexible financial analysis and reporting
- Ability for finance users to build their own reports and views
- Easy exploration of detailed financial data
- Role-based metrics and dashboards
- A financial monitoring system
- Business user-defined alerts
- Real-time analytics and exceptions
- Detailed “slice and dice” capabilities
Some of the instant benefits of deploying a robust BI system include:
- Making better and more-informed business decisions
- Flexing your profitability and financial analysis process
- Conducting forward-looking analysis and strategies
Profitability management is all about identifying profitability drivers and focusing on your most profitable customers, products, and channels. Check out the video below to see how finance executives can easily leverage BI to make insightful, profitable decisions.